- RADIO: Bipolar Explorer are so deeply honored to be featured on Max Reinhardt’s Late Lunch Show on Soho Radio, on his December 4th “some of the finest sounds of 2020” show, with “Infinity Hall” from Deux Anges as a closing track! Listen to the show on MixCloud: https://www.mixcloud.com/sohoradio/max-reinhardts-late-lunch-show-04122020/
NEW RELEASE NOVEMBER 13 2020
Slugg Records are very proud to present Deux Anges, Bipolar Explorer’s 9th album (their third double!). Buy the album in The Shop, on Bandcamp, or on Apple Music.
The new album is released on Summer’s birthday (1979-2011), our late bandmate, and Michael’s and Bipolar Explorer’s inspiration and conscience.
- RADIO: Ahead of its release on November 13, Deux Anges is having a very nice round on WFMU, special thanks to Irene Trudel, Dark Night Of The Soul’s Julie, 100% Whatever’s Mary Wing, Serious Moonlight Sonatas’s Carol, Shrunken Planet’s Jeffrey Davison, Polyglot’s Jesse Dorris, Neighbors Noise’s Jesse Kaminsky, and to Music Director Olivia Bradley-Skill.
- EVENT/FESTIVAL: The online edition of the Aerial Festival, a new festival of contemporary music, literature and performance, took place on September 25-26th, with a new 24 hour broadcast by The Dark Outside. Bipolar Explorer contributed with a new track, “Corridor”, specially composed for the event.
- RADIO: lots of airplay for Tremosphere, thanks to WFMU and crew and djs! Listen to the shows in the archives:
- NEW: Tremosphere released their post-rock cover of The Velvet Underground’s “All Tomorrow’s Parties” on May 8th.
The track premiered the same week on WFMU‘s show Dark Night of the Soul, then in Canada on Limbocast, in Germany on Radio TFSC, and in California on Bret’s Ramblings Highwire Daze Radio show .
France’s indiemusic wrote a breathtaking review of the song here (in French).
- NEW: Bipolar Explorer composed and recorded two brand new tracks, “Two Visions” for WFMU‘s show Serious Moonlight Sonatas’s dj premium (exclusive cd compilation), and “eleven:eleven” for The Dark Outside, originally intended for a June then September broadcast, exceptionally aired online under The Dark Inside name (April 4th-5th). The band has decided to release “eleven:eleven” as a digital single, on Slugg Records, Bandcamp, and their official website.
NEW RELEASE July-AUgust 2019
New release February 2019
“Ethereal music that sends the listener up towards the heavens to sit aloft on the clouds above. A melodic conversation of sound is taking place with gleaming angels shining in the bright blue sky, dulcet voices taking form and weaving their golden threads in and out of the musical expanse, as if taking their cue from the sun’s warmth as it beams forth. A cloud coolly passes overhead for a moment and upon its passage, we feel the heat once again and the sun’s rays shine even brighter than before. A truly ascendant album to be listened to any time of year.”
New release December 2018
Bipolar Explorer’s new album, their 8th, Til Morning Is Nigh: A Dream Of Christmas, mastered by longtime band partners Old Colony, Scott Craggs, artwork – featuring the breathtaking cover by the late L’udovit Kochol (and graciously permission-granted by the National Slovak Gallery) – again in the hands of resident band designer, Norwegian painter and illustrator Audun Grimstad.
The new album is a 23-track dreamscape of shoegaze, dreampop and spoken word underscored by post-rock guitar.
limited edition CD.